Us

Us
I hope to use this blog as a daily record of Papa, Jesus and Holy Spirit's daily interventions in my life. They are quite daily! I don't want to travel backward, but present; not future, just today. May my every entry be clear.

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Mentor - A Word

'Mentor' is a word in my thoughts the last couple of days. Someone said something tonight about what we do next after we finally feel comfortable with Papa. Some I've known forever say they didn't learn about Papa from me, but from another friendship that began when they were young. This baffles me. All my life, to pass on my faith is what I do, and some didn't hear me. How can this be?

I'm dedicated to Papa, am comfortable in His presence. We are not all spiritual mothers or fathers to young people. You know what I'm good at? Writing my heart. I have good feedback as an author. Papa gave that to me in 2nd grade. I've been singing to Him ONLY since I found out who He is and what Jesus did for me.

One of Bill Johnson's sons said that his dad never told him he 'should' be or do anything. He didn't want to interfere with Papa's work in his life. Bingo. Bill is a real mentor. He's known only Papa since before his birth, as did 5 generations before him. We're fooling ourselves if we think Papa hasn't appointed good mentors for us. Don't try to be what you're not. First generation believers are not mentors. It's just common sense.

Kris Vallotton, since first meeting Bill, has wanted to be just like him. Bill was the first person he met that he wanted to be like. I met Bill only 3 years ago. I was 50. But it's true for me too. Bill shares his heart, his handling of tough situations, his ministry, his struggles. His handling of life is for me. What a great mentor!

No comments:

Post a Comment