Us

Us
I hope to use this blog as a daily record of Papa, Jesus and Holy Spirit's daily interventions in my life. They are quite daily! I don't want to travel backward, but present; not future, just today. May my every entry be clear.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Obedient

There are all kinds of good definitions of the word "obedient." Mostly, one thinks of keeping traffic laws, or the child's role of obedience to parents.

But as believers in a good Papa with a mindset toward an awesome future for us, obedience choices come up in a variety of hard situations. I.e., you know what you should do, how you should be, how you should act, but the heart is breaking too. Sometimes others are not obedient, despising you, and that makes you vulnerable to a miserable reaction.

Obedience applied is turning the other cheek AND sincerely blessing the ones who despise you. Obedience is telling your flesh to be joyful in trouble and calling up and out of your spirit Papa's love, declaring good things for all who come near. Blessings uttered at such times are powerful ones; heartfelt and full of Papa's power from within, for they are uttered from a pure, yet broken heart. Its words are deep and mysteries are revealed, and glory is poured down on even the sayer. Heaven's joy permeates every pore as higher things then fill the mind, and we are healed.

I've seen pure-hearted obedience acted out between two pastors. One in terrible sin, hates the other. The other blessing his tormentor in return, 40 years now. A thorn in the flesh, the tormented pastor utters wonderful blessings on him in tears. I wonder if his global influence has more to do with his good testimony with this prickly pastor than it does with his actual ministry. Because of him, I know how to obey amidst torment. Of course, the blessing lavished on me from Papa in return is the best :)

2 comments:

  1. Two days ago, I was tormented. My initial reaction was of outrage. Some things are just wrong, people :) I know it's the holidays, I know people get nuts and go off at the next available pigeon. I was determined to be obedient, loving my enemies, always. I began blessing her, praying for her, ordering the negative influence causing this really hurtful behavior to be gone from her. The situation escalated by the next day. By then I was smiling, more confident in my prayers for good things to happen in her life. By today, I got a feeble Merry Christmas. I emailed her a blessing loaded with good things.

    They say crazy episodes last 3 days. One's world turns upside down, then sets itself rightside up. When others' behaviors stab your heart, don't respond for 3 days. Bless, bless, bless. They really need a blessing. Then write them more blessings. Pouring honey on coals isn't a slap. It heals.

    Incidentally, you can pour actual honey on a boil to heal it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like knowing I don't have to respond to difficult people for 3 days. There is breathing time that Papa expects us to take to draw from His wisdom for every situation that may arise.

    ReplyDelete