Us

Us
I hope to use this blog as a daily record of Papa, Jesus and Holy Spirit's daily interventions in my life. They are quite daily! I don't want to travel backward, but present; not future, just today. May my every entry be clear.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Water and Love

Without love, nothings gets done the right way. Nothing lasts. It's easy to think, well, yeah, I know, I know, I've heard it a million times. But one can take a lifetime to simply learn how to BE while loving continuously. No stopping for breaks, for attitudes, for anger, for hostility coming at you. Love never stops. It is eternal.

But sometimes I don't feel like, nor remember to love. What's that all about? Why can't I remember to love? Why do I stop?

Ah. Love is Papa's constant. When we grow weary, we must refresh and refill and regenerate our spirits, so that love can continue its good work in us.

This has been the ongoing lesson in my Christian life of 37 years. I haven't tried to identify this way of Papa's. I take for granted that we all know to do this. To allow ourselves time to stop and refill, so we can go again.

We refill with Heaven's water that anoints, refreshes and endows wisdom for the day. Holy Spirit fills us with His freshness daily. Jesus' Word is our food. Communion needs to happen. Bread and wine await fresh partaking. I wonder how Heaven will be about refreshing.

I'm deep in intense counseling right now. It wears me out to find myself teaching basic things to someone who behaves as if he'd been in a coma for 40 years and is suddenly awake. I hope it all sticks :) Everything I say must be responded to with a yes, I believe, for it to penetrate. So simply we are made! Believe, or not believe in what is true; what Papa has revealed in His Word is priceless to the everyday of this short, precious life.

Water and Love. Constant washing, no need to attend a retreat, but retreat daily. The more you do it, the more it will feel like an awesome retreat. I love those with other people. Who knew it would happen in my own living room?

As I ponder the wonder of Papa's presence on me, my heart goes to the young man down the hall. I wonder how to get through. He's another one who managed to slide by all that is wonderful that has passed through this house. When he finally encounters Papa, he'll have a long way to go traveling inward in Papa. I wish I was the one to take him there. Papa, cover him the way only You know how :)

No comments:

Post a Comment