Us

Us
I hope to use this blog as a daily record of Papa, Jesus and Holy Spirit's daily interventions in my life. They are quite daily! I don't want to travel backward, but present; not future, just today. May my every entry be clear.

Friday, November 26, 2010

Orphan spirit

Papa has been teaching me much about human behavior of late. I'm perplexed with the way believers have conducted themselves in and outside of the church. I'm attached to a group of churches that shared the same Heavenly vision and Word back in the '90's. I'm too far from any of them to be part of their amazing ministries, but I find that it is enough to attach myself to the nearest one, and let them minister to me by internet. I'm so blessed. I am confirmed that I belong with them (Bethel Church, Redding, CA), as I dream similarly and in great detail, Papa's visions for us, one to one and as a church family. I've prayed for its leaders, burdened for mistakes I see being made, and then relieved and joyful as they publicly declare that that is changing now (wondering why they hadn't seen it until now). This is my ministry to Bethel Church. To intercede on their behalf. Really, this is the first time I've felt unity in any church I've belonged to the last 36 years. It's all good. And there's a great benefit to having a shepherd who comes from a long line of shepherds who knows how to be a father shepherd to a flock of sheep. He knows how not to be an orphan, but sometimes he forgets.

As I prayed that my shepherd would stop traveling so much, would pay attention to his flock himself, instead of leaving them to others not born for this fathering role, I felt so heavy with the burden. I had breakthrough this month. The busyness has been declared as a problem. People who are insecure and overwhelm themselves with busyness are those running from the cries of their orphan spirit. Even this shepherd admitted it. He has something to compare it to, and he doesn't like what he sees. Two weeks ago, he declared that he was stopping his travels by at least 30%. He gathered his flock together and encouraged them. The electricity was exciting amongst the flock who was hearing it. They were so excited about this. Gee, do you really think us that important?

Papa keeps things simple. Anything out of proportion is corrected and balance restored. Even a man of a long line of shepherds can forget who he is.

Papa, help me to not run from the cries of an orphan spirit. I belong to You. Thanks for clarifying the weirdness of disunity in the church. I like knowing it isn't my fault :)

No comments:

Post a Comment