Us

Us
I hope to use this blog as a daily record of Papa, Jesus and Holy Spirit's daily interventions in my life. They are quite daily! I don't want to travel backward, but present; not future, just today. May my every entry be clear.

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Yoga and me

This happens to be the first day of my much-needed yoga stretching regimen. I do Bikram yoga, but not hot yoga. I live in Hawaii, and am already hot enough on a daily basis. I am like 3rd base, plopping around on the gel mats, my limbs not obeying my brain's commands, my torso vainly commanding them to move. I know little by little they will yield to its wishes, with time and patience. At least I'm not on my feet. I don't last long on my feet.

What I like best about yoga is its ability to go into the sleeping places and wake them up. Then, voila, what makes me limp is gone; those deep places I cannot identify awake with a particular stretch. I don't know which one did it. All I know is I'm standing straight again. Doing yoga is an act of faith. I put myself out there as best I can and it takes what I've got to offer and fixes me better than any acupuncturist, chiropractor, or physical therapist can. It is my experience.

So it is with my connection with Papa, Jesus and Holy Spirit. These Marvelous Three keep me in balance, inside. They teach me every day, and for 37 years now, I learn something new as They add to me Their marvelous secrets each new day. I wake up awestruck with Their care for me; Their answers to my many questions asked recently and long ago. Today may be the day They answer that question from yesterday. Or I may be surprised by joy and a mystery is today revealed, first emerged thirty years past. All things always happen in good time from Papa God, who is only Good all the time. A spiritual muscle awakens every day in my life. I don't think maturity is ever really supposed to be realized. I like it :)

3 comments:

  1. Day 2 of yoga. Much easier than day one. My sleeping muscles are activated. Now they need daily stretching. Still awkward to move about into position, and stand up in the end. I do it anyway. So what if my toes popped countless times today?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's now after 6 weeks of physical therapy. Yoga routine stopped. Why? It wasn't enough. When the body tells you to keep stretching a particular part (feels so good you don't wanna stop), then keep stretching. My PT guy zeroed in on my toes, hips and all that stubbornly resists responding to yoga. My routine now is 15 minutes of PT instead of 1 hour 15 minutes of yoga. I'm getting stronger.

    What I noticed about yoga was it never strengthened as promised. If it can't tone muscle and tighten tendons, then all that twisting about dislocates. I stopped popping hips in as instructed by the PT guy, and waited to do it again when all surrounding muscles and tendons were functioning properly. The chiropractor couldn't pop me in, so out was I. Two days ago, Steven cracked my hips in and they've stayed put. Since these areas of chronic problems are my red flags of special care areas, I will keep doing the PT, growing stronger and stronger. 15 minutes, 3 times a day. Who'd a thunk it? Papa did, of course :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still doing my PT, marveling at how it keeps me upright. My feet hurt, but then I haven't been doing my routine lately. I do a little every day, but not for 15 minutes. To increase the challenge, I need to do more and more every day. The elliptical keeps my heart quiet. I appreciate Papa's inventions :)

    ReplyDelete