Us

Us
I hope to use this blog as a daily record of Papa, Jesus and Holy Spirit's daily interventions in my life. They are quite daily! I don't want to travel backward, but present; not future, just today. May my every entry be clear.

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Yielding in Chaos

Easier said than done, right? Like standing in the eye of the tornado, eyes down, we pray for wisdom amidst screaming panic, howling tears, accusations, demands on us for answers, etc., and Papa simply comes. Don't dwell on the choking dust or get caught up in the suddenness of excruciating physical pain. Rise above the storm and see for yourself its wild beauty. Yield, wait and watch; Papa is doing a good thing. The truth is that what is popularly labeled as tragedy is carefully orchestrated, hidden good, for everyone you touch, for your good and for theirs. We need to embrace trigger words such as "impossible" and "chaos" when they come to us, for Papa is moving big time for good! All things are possible with Papa! The Quakers of old, in their time of need, got together to hold hands, 'center down' and pray. Yielding to Papa, they waited for His instructions; His good work to reveal itself to them. This was the apostle Paul's experience in Acts 27. Papa works this way sometimes with all people in all walks of life. How aware we are to His presence in a storm is up to us.

I wait for Papa today in many situations I find myself involved in. It is all good. Some things in my life await addressing. I dare not move until He works out the impossibilities and His strategies are clear. And I know His timing is perfect.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have everyday chaos to face and turn off. Around 9pm, I noticed the television volume on commercials grows louder. Advertisers want to wake us up when our bodies are weary at the end of the day. We all know this is true.

    But consider this further now. The louder any chaos gets, whether it be anxiety or conflict, we are distracted in the same way TV commercials distract. Like the Quakers, we need to shut it all off and center down. Doing this the other night, I heard all kinds of Heavenly goodness in the sudden silence. I wanted to hear and participate in worship and communion. Someone posted a music link to a video. The music was awesome, but I couldn't watch the video. It all looked performance sensational. I remembered who else sang that song and turned on Kim Walker at youtube.com. She sang it in live worship. She sings only to Papa. What a difference.

    I could have left the television on, but I'm so glad I didn't.

    Every day we choose Papa and are satisfied every day. My life in Heaven come down. Yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chaos vocabulary...
    Someone I wish was closer to me in relationship takes a quick survey of my life and puts a memo of it aside for the next time we talk. She blurts it out to my surprise every time. To her, I'm living in a nightmare. Exact words. It's so easy to judge, isn't it? There is nothing nightmarish about my life to those who know me. She is the only one who sees me in this way.

    Nightmare is another trigger word. I take joy, for Papa is working in my life for the sake of the testimony. Many angels have rejoiced over our victories as a family. We know that we know that Papa cares so deeply for us. We have lived through a lot. We know who our Papa is. How else can we really learn except in trial?

    Our son has a child out of wedlock. He is the most blessed, loving child I've ever met. He has every nationality flowing through his veins. His mother is the best I've ever met. We are blessed to have her, not as a daughter in law, but another daughter. We know what it means to unconditionally love someone. To not bully or shame an easy target on purpose. To protect everyone who touches our lives. This is not a nightmare. This is an amazing blessing.

    Our daughter moved away at age 18. She is full time Papa's servant. At age 22, she found love. He dreamt of her at age 7. He met her at church. His parents knew she would be perfect for their son before she knew it. A new son for me, all children with names beginning with 'A'. Papa pays attention to the details. In this day and age, we make flexible plans so Papa can direct our steps. We include them and make sure we have enough room in our home for any and all of them. Our house can be Grand Central Station, then quiet as a corner of Heaven. Both are vibrant places. One for people, the other for Papa. It's all good. Our house is a place for dreaming up a great future for all Holy Spirit brings to mind. He has no nightmares.

    ReplyDelete