Us

Us
I hope to use this blog as a daily record of Papa, Jesus and Holy Spirit's daily interventions in my life. They are quite daily! I don't want to travel backward, but present; not future, just today. May my every entry be clear.

Friday, January 12, 2024

10/12/2024 Slept :)

 Long Friday for us:

Chiropractor

Breakfast at Mimosa's

Paint n Sip (white wine!)

Rest (napping)

Dance

Better get to my nap. Steven's been at it for a while.

I might have met a gal with something in common, and we're the same age :) She even looks like my daughter :) She talked with Steven about her one week old trike and the gal across from her belongs to the bike club here. She sat on the other side of Steven so I craned around to interject comments about the bike. Like the two sided spring seat that accommodates these slanted storm-proof streets. Maybe we'll meet at the next Paint n Sip :) She's on foreign language websites learning Spanish. And it was her idea for the trike. Her dad is Spanish and her mom is French-speaking from Maine. They didn't want to teach their children to speak a foreign language so English was it, like me. I hope she's saved. Probably is. Too happy to be anything else. Not Jewish, I checked, since she looks like Amber.

Daughter invited us to a movie via phone share tonight. Nope. I declined. Need to dance tonight. We skipped last week. I'll stretch before we leave. Right hip is funky in this almost rain weather.

How am I doing? Sleeping, dreaming, too. Loving the interaction we are getting in more this week and since New Years Eve.

Just have to keep it going. Since we've both been looking at camper vans for the driveway, we've had something in common besides getting to the finish line this month. 

We'll be praying for Sooner's recovery in the meantime.

Had a good conversation with daughter yesterday. She blurted out things on her mind that she's not wrong about, but that she just hasn't said for many years because she assumes I wouldn't be with her on it. Well, she's my flesh and blood and she grew up learning these things from me. The problem is that she doesn't remember well at this time.

Thanks, Papa, for putting up with the human race who loves You. Help us to put up with one another like You do.

Keeping it simple, so we can journey in peace. Not getting in another's race car we don't want to be on because we can't do that, especially at our age. 

I'm looking like my godmother these days. No wonder mom got us mixed up :) My DNA leans toward the Jewish/Portuguese side. The eldest's is more Northern European like Dad. She looks like dad's family. I look specifically like mom's maternal side. Marty too. There's an entire family of Simmons who looks just like him. I miss him.

Enjoyed my eggs benedict with short ribs this morning and our mexican waiter, who just reminds me of where I come from. His voice is a bit high and his accent is definitely mexican. No potato. Nice smile. Not Colombian, but like the folks I grew up with.

It's nice to have something to look forward to. It's all new this year :) So glad we got an almost 2 year head start.

Living in France... I don't think I could do that. Visit, maybe. Live there? Smokey restaurants and people sick of tourists. My French may be a plus for a visitor. Spiritually, I wonder where they're at. 


No comments:

Post a Comment