Us

Us
I hope to use this blog as a daily record of Papa, Jesus and Holy Spirit's daily interventions in my life. They are quite daily! I don't want to travel backward, but present; not future, just today. May my every entry be clear.

Tuesday, January 23, 2024

1/23/24 Slept :)

 Freshly showered after a week and a day---my hair is so dry, I hate to wash it. Then I remember my Emm, who had such dry hair, but also had liver trouble. Hmmm...

Made my online order of things I'm running out of, but can't get locally. Am trying new things for diabetes control. I think I'm okay because of the keto diet of low carbs.

Gimli goes in for a wash and squeeze today. I'm caught up with my gym routine, yay. Getting used to the new routine is a thing. I think it's helping to visualize my going in before I do on the scheduled day.

Dentist this week. They are trying to get my tooth project over with. My teeth aren't there yet. I wonder if it's because I don't use the electric toothbrush anymore. I like the new toothbrushes.

Today is fresh veggies day. Off to the health food salad bar with my own dressing in tow. 

The donut shop experience stopped my digestion abruptly. Bad oil. That was last Friday. Four days later, I'm almost normal again. 

Tomorrow is mystery #2 solve day. 

Daughter had a nice bday and her bday twin appreciated the birthday wishes especially this year. She's learning social call from her siblings. When you just don't know what else to do, you look directly around you. Joe is teaching her, too. I've noticed her learning from me these last few years. Not her fault. She really tries. Can't be getting older and isolating even more.

Will be washing floors today, while Steven is out with doggy. He loves to just do stuff, but he's kinda hygiene-challenged like his mom. He'll say he did something when in fact, he hasn't because he didn't see the need. So that's where I come in. My mom washed carpeting and floors every Saturday. His mom waited for the washer to overflow to get the kitchen and just vacuumed the rugs when they seemed dirty. Otherwise, she brought in the dirt and horse leavings with her encrusted boots. Ew.

Later...

Ended up running Gimli to the groomer with Steven and he ran errands, mostly by himself. My feet wore out after doing the Nugget circuit. We hunted down portable salt things to bring our own salt. We got salads and used oil and vinegar. No sweet stuff added to our salads. Boo. That makes a difference for me. Parmesan crackers were good.

A friend has her 50th anniversary this year. The kids are planning something. I knew her right up until her youngest was born. He's about the same age as my daughter. Interesting family. We just seem to reconnect anyway. Our son sang in the choir her husband organized. I have a pic... Our common friend is estranged from both of us. Widowhood can do that, I  guess. 

Movie night. A bit late, but I've been able to do that lately, and still get to bed on time and wake up on time :)


No comments:

Post a Comment