Us

Us
I hope to use this blog as a daily record of Papa, Jesus and Holy Spirit's daily interventions in my life. They are quite daily! I don't want to travel backward, but present; not future, just today. May my every entry be clear.

Friday, January 19, 2024

1/19/24 Slept :)

 Alarm clock worked today and I was up and ready to go to the chiropractor and also check out a new donut place that was just the best. Took home half my breakfast sandwich. Who needs that much croissant? Can't believe we got croissants at this donut shop :) They gave us an extra donut that was yummy.

Got a mystery solved. All is well. Then our son called for emergency funds that we actually had to bless him with. Yay. His new schedule has kicked in after a 3 month transfer of ownership ordeal was resolved and he gets an up in pay starting in February. Awesome :) Funny when kids end up using skills that they got from home to make a decent living...

Next mystery to solve is coming up as well. We're all on a new adventure, it seems, at the same time :) Was biting my tongue to express my gratitude about it all at the BS group. Kinda silly for one couple who inherited and are flush as heck :) Love it when families bless kids, hence we get to do that for our kids. Being saved means we don't resist the enthusiasm to bless people, or be good to people, no matter what. 

Smelled up the house with homemade diabetic/keto crackers. Mmmm... the smell is ahmazing. Almost cooled... These are great. That reminds me, I need to look up  an electric grater for cheese. Steven's hands need a rest. We did discover that our mini food processor is just the right size for grating hard cheese like mozzarella and cheddar blocks. It never occurred to me to grate cheese to make a cheese ball. Duh :)

Listened to  SugarMD a bit tonight. His snack recipe. Have to remember to get goat yogurt. 

How am I doing? Happy today. Not preoccupied with at least one mystery that has good results. Adding to my grocery list for snacks. Steven loves his football season but needs help in the snack area. Who doesn't at our age?

One thing to remember is that along with this keto quality food thing is that fasting is a thing for it and to be careful with carbs anyway for diabetes control. I'm wearing my mosquito net, which is surprisingly hot. Steven's been down for 2 hours now. 

How's caregiving for me? I'm okay. We have about 2 months to our April heart appointment and they will decide to do a third heart surgery/intervention/non-invasive or not. His tests last year cautioned him ready for this next appointment. He seems okay, except for that annoying set of new symptoms. Seems like these major fixes last 4 to 6 years. So pleasantly surprised at how much we are able to do on medicare. Just stick to the insurance that covers the great hospitals in the area. Pay close attention and you're fine. And that supplement is helpful as well. Tricky that it only supplements those procedures covered by Medicare. So far, it's reasonable in its limitations. Meanwhile, Steven got an advert for cremation services that he had to share, a bit awkwardly. Who wants to be thinking about that?


No comments:

Post a Comment