Us

Us
I hope to use this blog as a daily record of Papa, Jesus and Holy Spirit's daily interventions in my life. They are quite daily! I don't want to travel backward, but present; not future, just today. May my every entry be clear.

Monday, January 22, 2024

1/22/24 slept :)

 Today we celebrate two birthdays in the family, so happy birthday! We celebrate birthdays with a breakfast at the lodge. In this case, it was for these peeps. One is grateful for the life of doggy that is still here :) I like that :)

Had my card fixed at the office. Don't put it in the same place as the phone, please. Okay, then... Our fav waitress celebrates her hubby's new job and we also celebrate our son's new company owner that will also boost his salary with profit sharing, yay.

So many things to be thankful for :)

Steven is off to the hardware store for legal bug stuff to put on the lawn. Saw a run of turkeys this morning by the lodge :)

Today would be a good day for a bike ride, I think. Wet weather and mosquitoes... I have bites this year that are not fun. Glad to have my meds for the reaction on hand.

Later... Just came home from the gym. Used the upper body seated weight machine with zero added weight. That worked out. Also used bands for upper body muscles. Also stretched on the table. Used my car cushion for sitting stuff. So much more comfy. The heart machine seat is bad. I think things are wearing out. Been here more than 2 years now. I feel the difference. It was enough and feels like another cup of coffee in the afternoon.

All the stuff I've been listening to on health all point to some kind of exercise, minus anything that bugs diabetes and therefore the feet. Steven's massaging my feet every night now. 

I told Steven something that occurred to me of late. Surgery needs us to have muscle to ease the cutting and healing. At our ages, we easily lose muscle that can come back, but we need it to be there anytime these days. I love our gym. Only a few people there in the early evenings. The older folks tend to be asleep when we go, and we've noticed the gym being busy anytime from 6am to about 6pm. We can also use the dance room to dance. Not tonight. Steven can do one thing, but not the two. He already walks for an hour or more with Gimli in the mornings. I'm asleep at that time.

Orchestrating our exercise isn't too bad. Glad we took dance lessons for a year because we dodge each other in the kitchen every day. Easy to get out of the way in a pinch. 

We missed one dance signup which is a shame. I had it taped on the breakfast bar, but we missed it anyway. Being February 23, we thought we had time... Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment