Us

Us
I hope to use this blog as a daily record of Papa, Jesus and Holy Spirit's daily interventions in my life. They are quite daily! I don't want to travel backward, but present; not future, just today. May my every entry be clear.

Sunday, January 14, 2024

1/14/24 Slept :)

 Just went through the CCR's for our place of residence. Looks like we can only have something up to a ton (2000 lbs) on the driveway, unless it's a handicapped van and you have the sticker. Hmmm...

Now, I will see how much a vanagan weighs...

between 1800 and 2000 pounds. But that doesn't seem likely to belong here. There are other vans in driveways that are shorter in length that meet the 18 feet maximum length. Sometimes they are covered, sometimes not. I guess we're back to that 18 foot length, but not the ford at all. Too heavy. Steven thinks we'll be ready to get something in June. 

So, June, eh? What shall we get? Will have to rent storage. Shouldn't be a problem. Can still stealth van out there, just not park in the neighborhood. He really wants to be able to stand up straight. Hmmm... Can we find something that will do that? For parking storage, we will have more options. There is one particular van we both like that isn't sold just yet. No popping up. No jack needed. Saw that creative up video :)

Saw also a history of SF, since its not too far away. Makes me not want to visit family there. Stay away from one district in particular central to the city. The rest is better. I guess it's okay. We can park on the street in a neighborhood without being noticed, since we are visiting a friend.

Well, we did learn that in all the camping styles we've experienced, the van is the best option. The Ford bubble top is great. Lots of other kinds of bubble tops out there. I'm happy to not have to pop up anything.

Steven says he can install a hydraulic lift kit on the sportsmobile. Or else, we just enjoy the newer hightop vans that can actually fit in a driveway. But they want them to be a maximum of 8 feet tall, with a handicap sticker. As it happens (ahem), an upcoming possible heart surgery may happen this summer, and maybe we can get that sticker. Don't want to think about it in those terms.

Haven't commented on our art classes. How do I feel about taking them for the first time in my life at this age?

I seem to be random about them. I try to follow the teacher's suggestions as much as possible. It's hard in this classroom situation with so many many distracted aging ADD students. Steven decided to pay more attention to the teacher in this last class and he says he learned some things, but the gal next to him got snared by the gal across from her about the bike club and that gal talked non-stop to her. She was too intimidated to not just let her time be consumed by that gal. Ugh. Plus the ADD gal told her the rules off the bike club and she was way off. Annoying.

So back to the painting experience... I try to follow the teacher, but when I copy her technique, mine comes out like the finger painting of a child. As I process through the time, I fix it pretty well. But like all my creative processes, I get better with time. Not just class time. This bugs me. I guess I can grow some patience with my way of doing things, but teachers in my past never did. Sigh. 

The fact is that Unni likes both of our work and suggests that we teach this class together. Not likely. No work in retirement, says we.

And speaking of such things, we found a couple on YouTube who live part time abroad and change locations and go home, too. They have their cheaper house in the US and rent abroad for 4 months and really get to know the area. No need to drastically change everything. Why would we do that, since our families are here? Something to gnaw at. Steven liked it. As his health needs change, we can sometimes float a boat across some pond. 

And speaking of health, these heart fixes last about 5 years and change. Because he's a survivor, we don't know what's next, but it would be nice to get out. Leave Gimli with daughter, who'd rather cross the pond on her end, which would cost us... Hmmmm... My favorite thing? A Bethel conference for a week or two, where we can camp on site with Gimli right there. We can take turns being with him. I wonder if that's possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment