Us

Us
I hope to use this blog as a daily record of Papa, Jesus and Holy Spirit's daily interventions in my life. They are quite daily! I don't want to travel backward, but present; not future, just today. May my every entry be clear.

Thursday, December 28, 2023

12/28/23 Up

 Went to bed at 11:30pm. Shoulda stayed up...

Turned the light down on this thing, I'll write, I guess.

It's good to see the decorations for Christmas up in the house. I love decorations, even for the regular thing. Thinking about how to trim the house for the rest of the year, I like the pillows. It's just not so colorful in here without them.

Tomorrow, things will come that we ordered and Steven will have his liver ultrasound. That won't be until 2pm. 

Update: Liver test done. The xray person said everything looked good, but he still needs that confirmation from the internist. Yay.

Meanwhile, we have other things to accomplish tomorrow. Like activating the movie thing on the TV that I already pay for, but haven't accessed yet. Duh. All to get Thursday night football, which is too expensive to get in other ways.

Update: Connected and watched football tonight :) All our stuff got here safe and sound. 

We are just 4 days from the new year. We definitely need to liven it up around here:

1) Dancing

2) Regular exercise

3) Lessons

4) Triking during the day

5) Trip to Apple Hill

6) Keep looking for that RV

7) Take some local road trips

8) Go find the Sand Pond

9) Go see the Aurora Borealis.

10) Go to the movies on Wednesdays

11) Do conferences at Bethel. It's not enough to be online.

That reminds me, for Christmas, Steven got me accessories for the Subaru that may be obsolete next year.

I have to remember what I got him for Christmas. We try to be even about gifts:

1) Rollaway desk

2) Goggles

3) Bible

4) Massagers

5) Computer tool set

6) Bethel Christmas mug

For both of us:

1) Hand muller

2) Car vacuum

3) Rabbit ornament

For me:

1) heated gloves

2 and 3) Subaru nets

4 and 5) B Johnson books

6) Bethel hoodie

7) Bethel Christmas mug

8 and 9) Leg warmers

10) Goggles

For others was da kine

1) A 300

2) Am 200

3) B 100

4) O 100

From families were cards that take up a window's blinds :)

From Abby, a puzzle

From neighbors, cookies and jelly

For O, because she's my brother's new widow and is between lives right now

For B, because he's my family's youngest and my special guy. So glad he's working and loving his job.

For Am, because she has so many extra medical bills that are just not covered for doggies

For A, because he hasn't been paid in at least two months because his company changed owners, and he just told us. I'm glad his expenses are a bit down than they otherwise would be

I'm practical and a bit frugal sometimes. Steven isn't so much. I tried to keep our personal gift giving down, but he kept going. He lives a grateful life, knowing that his days may just be numbered differently than he thinks. Who knows, when you get to be our age?

Our eating habits are tweaked here and there, but we try to stay with the plan. Mug cakes are a thing for me. I like them and cake, as much as he does. Today, we ate the local carrot cake, craving that great cream cheese frosting. Mmmm, but I could have had a mug cake at home and not blown up the keto thing. Oh well. My feet tingle. 

It's nice to remember mom without any more flack coming my way. It helps to isolate the good memories now. I guess I'll go through any future passings this way. Someone mentioned that at our age:

1) You start losing people. 

2) One day, you may be the last person in your people group to be alive. Mom was.

3) One day, you may be that widow(er) that has to figure out the paperwork.

4) You have to manage your health and see that doctor regularly. Even the gov't provides for that.

5) You will be surprised that you could have retired earlier.

6) You can plan your own funeral or exit.

7) You have more time on your hands, so you have to fill it up.

Later... Football is done and Steven is assembling his new desk. I used my heated gloves tonight. They work :) Gimli got his walk in with us. Nice outside. Tomorrow, I will need to exercise more. Gym time :)

Listened to youtube advice on keeping busy today. I know, I know. It's really easy for me to just sit and write. But I have a trike that I love. Today is an excellent night to ride about.



No comments:

Post a Comment