Us

Us
I hope to use this blog as a daily record of Papa, Jesus and Holy Spirit's daily interventions in my life. They are quite daily! I don't want to travel backward, but present; not future, just today. May my every entry be clear.

Saturday, December 30, 2023

12/30/23 Slept :)

 I slept. I was awake enough this morning to let Steven know that he has to stop coming into the bedroom to dress, to take Gimli for a walk before I'm up. This morning, he was in there at least at 8am. So this is the thing, if I haven't written it down here yet... Sleep doctor put me on a sleep routine that is 12am to 9am. If I should wake before 9am, I can't get up until 9am anyway. So I lay there until 9am. If I don't, the next night will be wakeful. That makes it the ruined routine of today added to the ruined routine of tomorrow. Two nights of bad sleep is just a bad deal. 

I have to turn off all electronics, all screens by 9pm every night. I do this. I take all my meds and sleep meds before bed. This means the evenings are filled with God's books and study, which I love. I'm just not used to doing this at night, but I got used to it. I go to bed and wake at 9am. This has been happening for 1 year. So when Steven botches up the schedule, it'll take me some time to get it working for me again. Too much to ask? This morning, I reminded him again of my sleep schedule and he says he'll take his morning clothes to his room tonight. But then he'll forget again... Sigh. I hate having to tell him to be nice. It's really a matter of bad versus good health for me.

Why am I like this? The sleep doctor says it's because of my childhood history. Mom put the top three kids to work at age 10. We babysat all night, sometimes 7 days in a row, with coming home at 5 or 6 am, then the rest of what was left went to school, exhausted. The sleep doc knew how to fix this. Since I was up so late at night as a child, I wouldn't be able to sleep before 12am on a sleep schedule and he was totally right about that. If I try to alter this sleep schedule in any way, I'm up all night. The consequences are up all night. If I try to wake up earlier and then get up, I don't sleep that night. I'm happy to know what to do. Wish Steven would actually comply. But in the almost 52 years I've known him and his family, each person watches out only for themselves, and if that gets hard, they check out. Lesson learned via his siblings and parents. There are just four siblings left of the seven and both of his parents were gone too soon. All were resolvable dilemmas.

So we eat right, mostly keto, which solves all health issues and avoids any future ones, and I get sleep, too. The rest is just God's clock :)

Today, we triked to the top of the park hill and around town for 50 minutes. Beautiful day :) Eggs for dinner with veggies. Fresh veggies.

Steven announced that we are better covered this next year than expected. That will give us an emergency fund. Yay. Thanks, Papa :) Some of that will most likely take our mortgage balance down to a reasonable roar :)

No comments:

Post a Comment