Us

Us
I hope to use this blog as a daily record of Papa, Jesus and Holy Spirit's daily interventions in my life. They are quite daily! I don't want to travel backward, but present; not future, just today. May my every entry be clear.

Saturday, December 9, 2023

Brunch day :) 12/9/23

 Had our BS lunch this morning, 10am, sharp. A success for me to be awake so early, maybe not awake enough to share. I asked that we do this in the afternoon, but that was overlooked.

I have my feelings about our group. They'll do, for sure, though we are of differing backgrounds and, well, churches. Though 4 of us came from catholic childhoods, 4 ended up rich. That makes life awkward, as we are still way below their status:

They were from the 1970's starting out as adults:

cheap college education

cheap homes to get equity out of by 1976

early belief systems with half of us who didn't experience poverty and don't understand people on corners begging; no interest in a commentary on what's up with that from moi, they've already decided it's a mystery. Grrrr...

They are all getting deafer without hearing aids. Just let'em ramble on.

Their homes costed $300k in 2012, with their SF equity giving them a zero mortgage.

Our house costed $540k with our equity from one house. The other equities were stolen by the giant religious organization that surprised us several times by being our mortgage company at the last minute. Not a surprise, just cleverly disguised because of their low world rating as the #1 worst bank.

The others came here rich (most of their lives) and also paid off their $750k house a year ago. Remodel was $175k.

Can't help noticing mind-boggling differences between our 8-10 year age gap.

Couldn't recall a good Christmas memory for a long time. Of course, later on, I did. It's a good thing to share. Others' triggered mine :)

I'm awkward and glad that it's over. Now to prep for January 4's meetin...

Steven can be awkward, too. He shared being Santa wrapping presents for 4 years for his childhood family. I didn't know that until today. We need friends so they can remember.

I shared going Christmas caroling with friends from the apartment, Mom putting us all together, going down the streets and to nursing homes. Pam said her mom loved that.

I wonder if mom's final home did that? It was decorated for all the holidays.

Thinking about mom and Marty during the holidays. What a blast to celebrate with Jesus!

They talked about the Jews and what's happening to them in the US. They already know those are my people, but have already forgotten.

Growing old together, we have mercy on the forgetting. But it makes me want to move to more similar aged neighborhoods. Or maybe where people wear hearing aids.

I'm thankful for Pam, sharing her fancy house and miserly spending history this year. Her talents in music and art. A room just for her stuff. Haven't seen the whole house, just what's there by the entry.

I'm grateful for Jason's upbringing with good folks so he's pretty stable and kind.

I'm grateful for Bill, who plays golf, pay as you go, and is learning it in his old age.

I'm grateful that Steven is so social, because of work. Marianne was a homebody so unexposed to a lot, except that they have bible study folks at their house, too. Eight guests to do another holiday brunch with. She was in MOPS.

One memory triggered another one for someone else. We could have been there all day :) It ended at 12pm, so Bill could get in his golf game. Love their girl angel that sees them from the back yard glassed windows.

Pam, the nurse, could be a professional painter any time she wants to do a show. Wow.

I feel ignored, but that's me. I was shy today, not quite awake anyway. I managed to not say anything just randomly that could have been mean. I saw myself as being like Susi. Ah, the Staley's awkward and untimely humor. Pam is Swedish like me. Somehow she proved it, like me.

Bill was a soldier, then worked for but one company that promoted him a lot. Jason is just, well, rich. We all love to serve others and shared some God meets we've all had. 

Now we sit and talk little. Did more Christmas wish stuff. I'm pooped. Drained?

Amber is texting her day with Susan in VA. Sharing the Barbie movie. They are loving it while she's texting me.

I'm a little sad, but it's Christmas and it's time NOT to compare how we're holding up the family, alone and across the USA. Because Steven blew up our family, then came home when his children were awkwardly raised. It's an awkward family after all...

Later...

Daughter sent pics of their trip to VA to see cousin SusanB and Frank. They've spent more time with them than... well, that was during the Covid thing here. 

In Heaven, our family is eternal and together, at last :)))

Later...

Almost time to log off for the night.

Need to mention that Steven barked at me yesterday. I always wonder if it's just getting old and not being able to hold it in (not that he should) or he's just very sensitive to his cuisine critique. He's fine about critiquing his food, but when I did it, he said, "Tell you what. Tomorrow, you make this recipe and do with it what you may."

First time since high school (10th grade) that he's barked at me like that. Yikes. As I cited before, he's fine when he's being praised, but mean when he's not. Makes my mind wander to other things I could be doing besides babysitting my husband, the heart patient. Never a break, really.

Then I see myself getting more sensitive with time, like my mom, and having to stop myself from saying things that don't need to be in the ether. 

Speak in tongues. There you go. 

I know that triggers happen around unexpected blurts. 

Meanwhile, we managed to do more Christmas shopping. Getting low on funds. Tomorrow is a big expense day. Have to cool it down.

Looking forward to retirement. Make it a long one, Papa, Jesus, Holy Spirit, in Jesus' name, Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment